- growth is partly due to an increase in long-form video
- digital video is increasingly monetized like broadcast tv
- because viewers value the content, they’re willing to view more ads to see that content
- video ad views are growing at a faster rate than video views
- mobile device growth: iPad and Android platforms is growing at the expense of the iPod / iPod Touch
- ad volume has grown over time, but completion rates have remained stable
See link below for complete PDF report, including graphs.
Originally publishedby FreeWheelhttp://www.freewheel.tv/docs/FreeWheelMonetizationReport_Q3_2011.pdf compliments of Cynthia Boris http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2011/12/video-ad-are-increasing-and-so-are-the-views.html